Community Resources

Preservation Greensboro Resources Page


Historic Neighborhood Contractor Referral List


Neighborhood Bylaws


Greensboro Police Department

Emergency - Dial 911

Non-Emergency - (336) 373-2222

Crime Stoppers - (336) 373-1000

Callers can report tips anonymously to Crime Stoppers.

Resolve a Neighborhood Issue or Complaint With The City

Click here to be forwarded to the City of Greensboro Website for resources to resolve common neighborhood issues / complaints with the City of Greensboro.

Report an Abandoned Vehicle or Overgrown Lot
Click this online form for reporting overgrown lots or abandoned vehicles. You can also use the form to report branches, refuse, or trash on a property. Be sure you have the exact address ready.

Report a Malfunctioning Streetlight

Call Duke Energy at 1-800- POWERON (1-800-769-3766). An automated answering system will guide you through the process, which includes providing your name, phone number, street address, date, time, and location of the streetlight.

Request a Building Inspection

If you think a building falls below the City's property maintenance code, any five citizens can sign a petition to have the City inspect it. Click here for a PDF version of the petition.

Report a Violation of the Historic District Ordinance

Contact Mike Cowhig, the Director of the Historic District Progam, at 373-2755, or e-mail him at

Report a Stray Animal

Call Guilford County Animal Control at 641-5990.

If you have any difficulty reading the documents on our website click on the

image to the right to download the latest version of adobe acrobat reader.